4.13.2009

Live Movie Maker

I have been doing some Demigods video captures with FRAPs and trying to use Windows Movie Maker to convert them from a raw AVI (up to 4GB) to a file that can be uploaded to YouTube (same 4GB movie was compressed to a 100MB WMV).

Windows 7 beta does not ship with movie maker, so I downloaded v2.6 from Microsoft. It works, but my widescreen captures are compressed to a 4x3 video format:

Demigod Chracter Choices

I found a beta version of Movie Maker that is said to support HD so I downloaded it as well. There are plug-ins for this version that allow direct uploads to YouTube and Facebook- a nice feature. The video quality is somewhat lower using this option:

The Windows Live Photo & Video Blog is an excellent source of info on their new products…

No comments:

Post a Comment