2.19.2007

Leaving for New Orleans in the morning...

Vacation time!



My first week of vacation for this year starts tomorrow (technically it started on Saturday, but I have been slow to get on the road) and I am headed down to New Orleans/Covington, LA to see some of my friends and re-experience Mardi Gras (for the 20th or so time...)



I decided on a hotel room at the Best Western in Covington (some strange nostalgia about that place) for Monday and Tuesday night- Wednesday is either head home or crash at someone's place (depending on my mood).



Things to do while I am there:

  • Take some pictures of my former homes in Bush, LA (yes- that is a town name) and Covington, LA.
  • Have lunch at The Times Bar and Grill and Semolina's
  • Pick up some King Cakes for the guys at work
  • Hang out with old friends

  • Try to look up old girlfriends/crushes (from way back in my high-school days)

I also fixed up my laptop and actually got World of Warcraft to run at a decent rate (most of the graphics turned down); I tried under Windows XP and it sucked- but I installed Vista (Home Premium) and it runs like a champ! (No areo glass. I even have it running via a Verizon wireless broadband EVDO card (setup instructions for Vista)- so I can play WoW if I get stranded somewhere with no internet! (yea, the word 'obsessive' comes to mind).



No packing yet, put clothes are washed and a list of everything has been made (gotta love MS OneNote); I will do all the gear stowing tomorrow and leave around 11ish EST. Drive time is about 7 hours (doing the speed limit- lol) and I get an hour back going to CST- so I am estimating hitting Covington around 7:00pm (gas and restroom breaks added in).



I hope the new podcast downloads are decent- otherwise I may be fairly insane by the time I get to Louisiana! :o)





powered by performancing firefox

No comments:

Post a Comment