3.31.2010

The iPad Gets Closer…

My iPad appears to have left Louisville, KY and reached its destination hub in Atlanta, GA. 

It also appears that they are going to be doing some ‘UPS internal activity’ with it in about 8h 40m (at 9:00am- it is 12:20am now)

image

Looking over my Emails from Apple, I noticed the order confirmation (from 03/12) indicates ‘Delivers on 04/03’- but the shipment notification (from 03/29) specifies ‘Delivers by 04/03’.  Probably me being very optimistic (which I rarely ever do), but perhaps we may get our iPads a few days before they go on sale in the retail stores?

image

image

I honestly don’t see how UPS can make 125,000 – 165,000 home deliveries (my rough estimate based on an estimated 250,000 pre-orders- and assuming that 1/3 to 1/2 of them being store pick-ups) of iPads all one day- and I also cannot see Apple paying the extra cost for UPS to warehouse these unties for 2-3 days and then pay for a Saturday delivery (especially considering that Apple charged me no delivery fee)!

No comments:

Post a Comment