4.03.2011

Neat Receipts

I have been using an awesome program called Neat Receipts for a few years now; it comes in a bundle with a small scanner that I use to scan in all of my receipts/packing lists/invoices/etc. It auto-recognizes dates and amounts (and sometimes vendor names- dependent on font) and allows me to categorize them and include information if they are business or personal expenses.

One issue I have with the software is you must use their scanner (I can import JPEG/GIF from another scanner- but that makes the scanning process more laborious, so I stick to their scanner) and their scanner can sometimes be unwilling to calibrate (especially with Windows 7 x64).  In my latest rebuild of Windows, I found that the scanner would not calibrate at all.

However, a quick Google search returned Neatco’s scanner trouble-shooting page with a link to their scanner maintenance tool (which I never knew existed)- this is a great utility if you are running Neatco’s Neat Receipts.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:37 PM

    Yup, running Win 7 x64 also. Had to not only run the SMU (Scanner Maintenance Utility) that I downloaded, but also had to move USB jack from one spot to another at the back of the computer.

    Oh well, hope the scanner behaves itself now that I finally got it to Calibrate.

    ReplyDelete