The guys over at AllDroid.org have a working port of the Nexus One ROM working on the Verizon Droid.
Here is a video of the ROM on my Droid (accompanied by Pink Floyd’s ‘Interstellar Overdrive’):
There are a few different parts required to get here:
- Root access for the Droid
- Recovery Image (with Nandroid)
- Nandroid 2.1 System Recovery image ported over to Droid
- Boot Animations customization
- Multi-Touch Browser Patch (ported from Milestone)
There are a few issues with this build still:
- No keyboard backlight
- Nexus animated background does not work
- Occasional lockups/reboots when trying to pull up the application menu
Luckily, there should be an official 2.1 build of Android for the Droid released by Verizon in the near future.