12.02.2007

HDR Test

I tried to make a few more HDR photographs. 

The first one is of my house- with the Christmas lights up:

xMas_Lights_1

The above was done with the directions from Bjorn 3D's web site and using a 100px masking for the layers in Photoshop.  I shot all images from a tripod at f/7.1, ISO100 and 20s, 10s, 5s, 2.5s, 1s and 1/4s exposures.

The results were pretty good, but I wasn't completely happy with it so I went through the process again and made a 50px mask:

xMas_Lights_2

This made the shadows on the columns look a little strange, but made the lights not so glaring. 

I also tried the same procedure with my Christmas tree (only the lights on it so far- I still need some time to put the ornaments up) and using a 75px mask (in-between the settings I tried on the prior to pictures):

xMas_Tree HDR #2

During the creation process I noticed that the 'light' version of the JPG looked pretty cool:

xMas Tree HDR

This one looks a little more surreal; I think this is my favorite of the four pictures.

I may try running the first set of photos through the 'Merge to HDR' setting of Photoshop and see what it looks like...

No comments:

Post a Comment