Rumor of an early leak of the 2.2 OS for Droid X from My Droid World.
Downloading now; no possible way I will be able to return my current phone to ‘stock’ as I went nuts and deleted all the stupid apps and crazy ringtones.
Going to try update.zip and see what happens!
Verifying Current System
assert failed: apply_patch_check(“/system/app/CityID.apk”,”….”)
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
Looks like I need to revert back to stock with SBF
I am now running Froyo on my Droid X now! (but no root access)
1st step is to recover to stock:
- Download the Droid X Recovery package:
Recovery Image: VRZ_MB810_184.108.40.206_1FF_01.sbf
Motorola x86 & X64 drivers
- Install appropriate drivers (x86 or x64) via executable (includes bootloader mode drivers for Droid X)
- Download and install RSD Lite
- Once RSD Lite install is complete, copy ‘pst_flash.ini’ over existing file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola\RSD Lite\
- Run RSD Lite and open the update file: VRZ_MB810_220.127.116.11_1FF_01.spf
- Put Droid X in bootloader mode:
Hold Camera + Vol down + Power
Boot will be a black screen with some text
- Once in recovery mode, plug in the microUSB cable.
- Verify Device & File Properties look Ok in RSD Lite and hit 'Start'
- This will take a few minutes and it will eventually reboot.
- You are now back to a ‘stock’ 2.1 Android for Droid X
Second step is to update to 2.2:
- Place the 'update.zip' in the root of the SD card
- Power off the Droid X
- Power On while holding down the 'Home' key; You will see a yellow triangle-
- Hit the 'search' button to bring up the menu.
- Use volume down to scroll down to 'Install update.zip from SD card'.
- Hit the 'menu' key under 'Ok' to begin the update.
- Update will take a while- so go do something so you don't stress out while watching the update.
If anything crashes/screws up, restart the RDS Lite app and put the Droid X back into bootloader mode to do a recovery to stock again.