3.03.2008

I think I want a PS3...

I helped Diana move this weekend; it wasn't as bad as it has been in the past- I guess she is getting better at moving! :o)

She moved to a neighborhood where she already knows a few people; one of them is Todd.  We stopped over at Todd's and he let me try out his PS3- I am pretty sure I am getting one now! (as soon as my bonus check comes in).

I am pretty set on wanting an original 60GB model- the one that was released at $599 about a year ago.  It has the 'emotion chip' for hardware PS2 compatibility (the newer 80GB only has software compatibility- and the 40GB will not play PS2 games!), four USB ports and a memory card reader (the 40GB has 2 ports and no reader).  I also suspect that the 1st gen PS3s will be the easiest to hack if a mod chip comes out... :o)

Gamestop sells a refurbished PS3 60GB for $439 but no one has them in stock!  I can purchase online, but I am very impatient and would rather have one in-hand in case it is defective and needs to be returned.

I have already purchased my first PS3 game: Untold Legends - Dark Kingdoms (for $10 from a clearance bin at Fry's)

I have also been playing Patapon foP the PSP; a very addictive rhythm-based game that lets you guide little characters across a landscape by beating on drums (associated with the PSP keys).  Very good, but very difficult once I got to the 'crossing the desert' stage...  God of War for PSP is due out Wednesday.

I also setup a pownce page...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Broo, did you get a PS3 yet? I got one just a few weeks ago with the MGS4 bundle and think it's great.

    If you still haven't gotten one, I suggest you take a look at this Stacker 2 contest going on where you can win one (or an Xbox 360, for that matter)by designing a 6 Hour Power t-shirt. It's actually a lot easier to design one online than you might think. Check out the details here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

    Be sure to let me know if you enter and I'd be happy to vote for your design. Send me an e-mail if you have any questions too. By the way, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. Good luck if you decide to enter.

    Franklin Keane
    www.6hrpower.com
    Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete